Tuesday, April 22, 2014

a fork on the road

Thank you all inmensely for the hard work that you so graciously have contributed to my family's cause, the parole of my son, Edward Vejar.

As I mentioned, this walk has been a long walk. Forty-seven miles that determined his fate became a thirteen year walk for us. In this path, I have felt the turmoil in me turn to strength. I have felt your prayers, your love, your acceptance. I have felt your hand take mine. Thank you.

Your walk with me has involved much counseling from professors, law authority and representatives from community projects of social change. It encased book drives for donation to prison, letter writing, hunger strike representations, in-person petition signing and online petition signing. You have done tremendous work beyond my belief. Thank you.

Our communities can only be made strong through transperancy and trust. One can only hope our leaders follow the same. As a community, we can only be made strong through unity. One can only hope our leaders follow the same. As a community, we must persevere for better representation and justice. We have. We will.

The outcome of my son's parole hearing is not yet known. Whatever the outcome, his incarceration has not been in vein--many  positive things have risen because of this, including your friendship and support. Thank you.

I lift mine eyes unto the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment