Monday, March 31, 2014

Opening my window

To my beloved friends, some may wonder why I’ve sent this story. The story is mine, that is, it happened to my family. I cannot tell you how much impact one life can have over many. As my son has been imprisoned inside the walls of deprivation, I have become imprisoned inside my own feelings. I have barred the windows to my heart. I have locked the flow of happiness and joy inside of me. I have not been out, and neither has he. It will be fourteen years this year, but many of you who knew me before know that I have shelled . The smiles of a carefree Lisa are now the smiles to keep up appearance. This is the impact one life has had over me. To those who are just reading this for the first time, I apologize for not being frank. Our friendship is worth so much to me. But most people would agree that there are some things one must keep quiet, and I felt this was one of them. Perhaps now you understand why I have become a serious person. It would not be very gracious of me to give you all my woes and troubles. The world has enough.

I break my silence today because I want to share with you the aggravation and hope I feel in me. Edward is up for consideration of parole on April 22nd. His initial sentence was 12 years. Not having the right legal council at the time led us to decide on a trial by jury. The jury decided he was guilty--this was to sentence Edward to two consecutive life terms with the possibility of parole after 14 years.

I had complete confidence in the law, but did not realize there was so much flaw in its system. I watched on but now I must act.

I ask my friends and family and those reading this post that you walk with me. I ask that you write a letter of support to release Edward Vejar and grant him parole. If you can provide training or employement, I ask you to have good faith in Edward Vejar and write a letter stating you are willing to offer him employment.

Time is brief. Deadline near so please reply soon. I will give you detailed information if you message me.

I am profoundly grateful for the friends and family support that I have. Walk with me. Walk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment